A lot of complaints have been voiced about the effectiveness of rehab programs and the efficacy of drugs that they offer. Most patients relapse and embrace their addiction lives after a short stay in rehab centres. Many factors have been attributed to this state of affairs. These include such factors like not targeting the patient with the right program and not using the right drugs when treating the patients. This article is meant to look at what the rehab should do in order to help patients recover from addiction:
- Personalize treatments-Each addict is affected differently from alcohol. This means that the treatment programs that must be applied to each and every patient should be unique and tailored SJ Recovery Place Florida to meet their personal needs. It is not advisable for rehab to use the same program for each and every patient that comes to them. The rehab must take time to understand the personal history of each patient so that they provide them individualized treatment choices.
- Drug detox is different from drug rehab– Before commencement of any treatment, most programs encourage patients to be detoxified first. The aim of detoxification is to enable the system get rid of the toxins that have accumulated for long time as a result of addiction. It is important for rehabs to note that detox program is not treatment per se. Treatment comes after a patient has been detoxified. It is important to provide treatment after you have detoxified a patient.
- Alcoholics anonymous– Alcoholic anonymous (AA) is not a treatment program It should be part of the treatment strategy but not be used at its own for treatment. Any treatment programs and options must be scientifically proven and measurable. AA is just a fellowship program which does not have any scientific backup.
- Herbal remedies aren’t medications– Before joining a rehab, it is important to inquire about the kind of medicine that they use. Rehabs that use herbal medicines to treat addicts must be avoided. Herbal medications are not FDA-approved to treat addicts.
- Accreditation– It is not a must for rehab centres to be accredited by quality bodies. However, those that are accredited means that they are interested in offering the best quality services. When choosing a rehab near me, it is important to consider its accreditation status. To be accredited means that they they apply the best treatment programs and options, they target each individual patient and they use drugs that are approved by FDA.
- Unscientific treatment approaches– before you choose a rehab, it is important to inquire about the treatment options that they have. It is advisable to choose a rehab that uses scientific approaches in treating the problem.